BBC Two’s Between The Covers is back for a third series, starting this Wednesday at 7.30pm. Returning on Wednesday 10th November, this six-part series will bring the nation together by sharing the enjoyment of reading.
In each episode, host Sara Cox is joined by a panel of four famous guests to discuss two books from the Between The Covers reading list. The twelve books chosen for this series provide an interesting mix of genres and authors and the aspiration is to get people reading and trying books that they might not otherwise have picked up. Each week the panel will review a newly-published book, and for the first time, hot on the heels of the Booker Prize, the programme will be looking at shortlisted titles that didn’t win the prestigious prize, but still deserve to be celebrated.
The Reading List
- Newly-published book: Sorrow and Bliss by Meg Mason
- Booker Book: Good Behaviour by Molly Keane
- Celebrity book club panel: Evanna Lynch, Dane Baptiste, Emilia Fox, Andy Parsons
- Newly-published book: The Coward by Jarred McGinnis
- Booker Book: The Bookshop by Penelope Fitzgerald
- Celebrity book club panel: Fern Brady, Olly Smith, Lou Sanders, John Thomson
- Newly-published book: Still Life by Sarah Winman
- Booker Book: Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
- Celebrity book club panel: Sindhu Vee, Rob Rinder, Ben Miller, Kacey Ainsworth
- Newly-published book: Ascension by Oliver Harris
- Booker Book: The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng
- Celebrity book club panel: Alan Davies, Suzi Ruffell, Sarah Kendall, Iain Stirling
- Newly-published book: Small Things Like These by Claire Keegan
- Booker Book: Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
- Celebrity book club panel: Sharleen Spiteri, Prue Leith, Jason Forbes, Ben Willbond
- Newly-published book: Sankofa by Chibundu Onuzo
- Booker Book: The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry
- Celebrity book club panel: Greg James, Imogen Stubbs, Fleur East, Lloyd Griffith
Between The Covers gives BBC audiences across the UK the opportunity to take part in an inclusive book club inspiring new readers as well as avid bookaholics. Each week, we’ll be sharing information about each of the featured books, so watch this space! You can also join in the conversation on social media using #BetweenTheCovers.
Between The Covers is a great activity for your reading group – you can all watch it and discuss the episode at your next group meeting. You might get inspiration for your next book choice! Why not use a WhatsApp group to chat about the show as it’s on?