Between The Covers, a brand new seven-part series on BBC Two designed to bring the nation together through sharing the pleasure of reading will be starting on Friday 9 October.
Hosted by Sara Cox, each programme will feature a panel of four different famous faces who will each bring with them their favourite book of all time to discuss with their fellow guests. There are also two review sections; in each show the panel discusses the fiction book of the week, brought to life by a pre-recorded item of the author, the second selected book of the week has been written by one of Sara’s celebrity guests.
Have you watched any episodes of Between the Covers? Share your thoughts with us and you could win a set of the featured books.
The line up
- Sara Pascoe talks about her book Sex Power Money alongside panellists Tom Allen, Sophie Ellis Bextor and Phil Wang. Matt Haig’s The Midnight Library is Book of the Week.
- Richard Osman talks about his book The Thursday Murder Club with fellow panellists Lolly Adefope, Ricky Wilson and Ellie Taylor. Ingrid Persaud’s Love After Love is Book of the Week.
- Sophie Ward talks about her novel Love And Other Thought Experiments alongside panellists Rebecca Front, Ade Adepitan and Bill Bailey. Steve Cavanagh’s Fifty Fifty is Book of the Week.
- Will Young talks about his autobiographical account of How To Be A Gay Man with Jo Brand, Ade Edmonson and Andi Oshu. Louise Hare’s This Lovely City is Book of the Week.
- Alan Davies talks about this autobiography Just Ignore Him alongside panellists Laura Whitmore, Anita Rani and Russell Kane. Clare Chambers’ Small Pleasures is Book of the Week.
- Babita Sharma talks about her book, The Corner Shop with Meera Syal, Guvna B and Dave Gorman. Bolu Babalola’s Love In Colour is Book of the Week.
- Graham Norton talks about his novel Home Stretch alongside panellists Grace Dent, Ben Miller and Desiree Burch. Stuart Turton’s The Devil and The Dark Water is Book of the Week.
Find out about all the books.
Sara Cox, Presenter of Between The Covers, says:
“I can’t wait to delve between the covers of some fantastic books with some of my most favourite people. This show will be welcoming and warm – we want to celebrate books, recommend some absolute crackers and have a good giggle while we do it.”
Between The Covers is the perfect activity for you reading group – you can all watch it and discuss the episode at your next group meeting. You might get inspiration for your next book choice! Why not use a WhatsApp group to chat about the show as it’s on?
We want to hear from you about the show. Each week, there’ll be a short survey available for you to fill in, sharing your thoughts and opinions. You’ll be able to help with some special research for future book TV shows, and can choose to be entered into a prize draw to win copies of the featured books.