Mark 14 September in your diary for National Reading Group Day 2022!
National Reading Group Day is a celebration of reading groups and book clubs across the country. It’s the perfect opportunity to come together with your group, bring new members, talk about your favourite books that you’ve read together and more!
In previous years we’ve brought you booklists, online book clubs, competitions and more, so stay tuned to find out what’s in store for National Reading Group Day this year.
Why join a reading group?
There are lots of reasons to join reading groups:
- Participation in shared reading groups is linked to enhanced relaxation, calmness, concentration, quality of life, confidence and self-esteem
- You’re likely to enjoy a book more if you’re talking to other people about it, as you can share your thoughts about it
- You can get book recommendations from the other people in your group, and you might find yourself liking something you never thought you would
- 72% of reading group members say that they have read more since joining their group
- It’s a great way to socialise – some groups only discuss the book, but many also catch up on what’s going on in their lives outside the group. Joining a reading group is a great way to meet new people and make new friends, especially if you’ve moved somewhere new
Join a group or start your own
If you’re not yet in a reading group, here on Reading Groups for Everyone you can find local groups to join, information about starting your own, and how you can access exclusive offers and opportunities.