Here are some tips we’ve collected from experts on how to start a reading group. Remember to check Reading Groups for Everyone for the latest news and offers.
1. The ideal group size is between eight and ten, this is large enough to allow for no-shows and small enough to make sure everyone can have their say.
2. Monthly meetings work well because it gives everyone a chance to read the book.
3. Libraries, bookshops, cafes and pubs are all ideal venues for advertising your group.
4. You can choose books by taking turns, lucky dip or voting.
5. Try preparing some basic questions to get the discussion started. Simple ones include: did you like the book? How did you feel about but the characters? Would you recommend the book to others? Why/why not?