The Man Booker Prize longlist or ‘Man Booker Dozen’ was announced on 24 July, featuring the 13 books in competition for the £50,000 prize. Chosen by a panel of five judges, the Prize is the leading literary award in the English speaking world, and has brought recognition, reward and readership to outstanding fiction for 50 years.
We worked with the Prize to create readers’ guides for each of the longlisted books. Featuring information about the book itself and the author, the guides provide discussion points and recommended themed reading, as well as useful links for when your group discusses the books.
These guides provide a range of ideas that will help your reading group get the most out of the the longlisted books.
- Snap by Belinda Bauer
- Milkman by Anna Burns
- Sabrina by Nick Drnaso
- Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
- In Our Mad and Furious City by Guy Gunaratne
- Everything Under by Daisy Johnson
- The Mars Room by Rachel Kushner
- The Water Cure by Sophie Mackintosh
- Warlight by Michael Ondaatje
- The Overstory by Richard Powers
- The Long Take by Robin Robertson
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
- From a Low and Quiet Sea by Donal Ryan
We have an exclusive opportunity for six reading groups to shadow the prize shortlist, reading and reviewing one of the books before the judges choose a winner. If you would like to apply, please visit our Noticeboard by 10 September.
Listen to the brilliant Man Booker Prize podcast audio series on Soundcloud with Joe Haddow from Radio 2.
For more information, visit the Man Booker Prize website.