The Wellcome Trust Book Prize shortlist announced
12 October 2012 / 0 Comments
The shortlist for the Wellcome Trust Book Prize 2012 has been announced. The full list, which includes three novels and three works of non-fiction, is as follows:
- The Hour Between Dog and Wolf by John Coates
- The Train in the Night by Nick Coleman
- Our Lady of Alice Bhatti by Mohammed Hanif
- Perfect People by Peter James
- A Man of his Time by Rose Tremain
- Circulation by Thomas Wright
This varied shortlist explores a range of themes from illness and the science of risk-taking through to the morality of genetic engineering and modern biology.
Last year, a work of fiction won the prize for the first time with Alice LaPlante's Turn of Mind. The winner of the 2009 prize was Keeper by Andrea Gillies and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot won the 2010 award.
The winner of the 2012 Wellcome Trust Book prize will be announced at the Wellcome Collection, London, on 7 November 2012.
If your reading group or book club are reading any of the shortlisted titles, do tell us what by posting a comment below.